Booking on the bus is the default method of booking walks. If unable to book on the bus the second method is by phone.
On the Bus
- All bookings must be paid in advance.
- Only one booking may be made at any time.
- Booking may be for one of any future walk.
- The start position, for collecting bookings, on the bus will be by draw of the seat number and will be done in a clockwise direction.
- A maximum number of 49 people will be booked. If anyone on the bus does not secure a booking because the maximum number of booking has been reached, and they are added to the waiting list for the next walk, then they will be allowed to book for a future walk.
- Phone booking will commence on the Monday following a walk.
- Booking will be only allowed for the next walk. If no spaces are available they can either have their name added to the waiting list or make a booking for a future walk.
- When the maximum no of people has been reached – 49, a waiting list will be started.
Notice of cancellation should be given as soon possible to allow people on the waiting list a chance to take that place.
If a booking is made by phone and cancelled, the person making the booking will still be expected to pay the full cost of the outing.
- To ensure the smooth operation of the group, seats on the bus will be guaranteed for all committee members and walk leaders.
- Members of the group will be given preference when booking seats.
- If anyone turns up at the bus on spec and secures a seat on the coach they will not be allowed to make a booking and will be treated in line with the phone booking procedure.
- If required the Committee will amend the procedure to meet changing circumstances.