Booking on the bus is the default method of booking walks. If unable to book on the bus the second method is by phone.
On the Bus
- All bookings must be paid in advance
- Only one booking may be made at any time
- Booking may be for one of any future walk
- The start position, for collecting bookings, on the bus will be by draw of the seat number and will be done in a clockwise direction
- A maximum number of 49 people will be booked. If anyone on the bus does not secure a booking because the maximum number of booking has been reached, and they are added to the waiting list for the next walk, then they will be allowed to book for a future walk
- Phone booking will commence on the Monday following a walk
- Booking will be only allowed for the next walk. If no spaces are available they can either have their name added to the waiting list or make a booking for a future walk
- When the maximum no of people has been reached – 49, a waiting list will be started
Notice of cancellation should be given as soon possible to allow people on the waiting list a chance to take that place. If a booking is made by phone and cancelled, the person making the booking will still be expected to pay the full cost of the outing.
- To ensure the smooth operation of the group, seats on the bus will be guaranteed for all committee members and walk leaders
- Members of the group will be given preference when booking seats
- If anyone turns up at the bus on spec and secures a seat on the coach they will not be allowed to make a booking and will be treated in line with the phone booking procedure
- If required the Committee will amend the procedure to meet changing circumstances